Even Superheroes Wear Pants –Mother’s Day with Liverpool Jeans
Superheroes wear pants. Yes, as mothers, we have superpowers that we use everyday through love, sacrifice, dedication, multi-tasking, and the list goes on. It’s called, motherhood.
The best job in the world. This is what we do and who we are but how do you stay you when we are giving to our babies all day long?
It’s a balance and for me a hard one, but I am learning. Self-care helps me find balance so I don’t lose myself. There are days when I am so sleep-deprived, I run on sugar and caffeine to keep going, the kids fight, the house is a mess and it can feel like a bad day. Through all of that, I am the anchor, the captain of this ship and I have to steer all of us. I try to not let those hard days get the best of me, and if my experience can help you at all, here are five ways I get it done:
1. I try to still get in some good fuel in my body, it always runs more efficient. I carry apples and oranges, healthy snacks for all of us and drink lots of water. I may not have time to make my green smoothie for the kids but I try to get some nutrients in.
2. I’ve also found that good music and playing with my kids, really get down on their level and play, like tumbling and giggling with them puts me back in the place of what matters and why am giving so much to to them rather than myself. It’s a true reward to connect and interact with them like this, feels so good.
3. I try to take a 5 minute breather. I’ll do some easy breathing and yoga stretches to help clear my mind. I’ll give the kids a snack and toys and or a show and step out of the room if I can. It’s like hitting the reset button.
4. Don’t be afraid to rely on your support system. I feel grateful for my husband Thomas. He knows when I need just 15 minutes to chill, power nap or take a nice bath. Those things rejuvenate me so fast and get me back ready for action. I’ll also call my mom to come over and help. It’s okay to ask for help when you need it.
5. Last, but not least– my wardrobe. Feeling fresh is important to me because I do like to keep my style fun AND comfortable at the same time. Comfy is key. At any moment I need to be able to play and run around with my babies, and still keep my sense of style. The fit and feel of Liverpool is perfect for me. These looks stay flattering from wear to wear, day to night. Check out some of my favorite pieces from them:
Feathered: Liverpool Crop
Liverpool denim skirt and Moto Jacket